- Rise by 7:30 or 8:00am. Start morning routine immediately: shower, dress, make list of top three most important tasks for the day, THEN computer time to check email and Facebook briefly, then breakfast.
- After breakfast, get started on whatever is the biggest/most important task of the day. Since it's been nice out, the last two or three days that's been completing the refinishing of two deck chairs. Before that, I worked on a massive cleanout and decluttering of my bedroom.
- Try to finish all three "most important tasks" by midafternoon, so to have the late afternoon and evening free to relax.
- Limit computer use to three times a day. Never use the computer before showering and getting dressed; never use it immediately before bed.
- Journal before bed.
- Start winding down and heading for bed by 11pm.
Monday, July 06, 2009
I've been trying to make the most of my last few weeks of freedom before I spend the rest of the summer laid up after knee realignment surgery. In order to do this most effectively, I have built on a number of tips that I pulled or adapted from Zen Habits to create a summer lifestyle that I've been thoroughly enjoying. These include: