- Laying on the Quad on a warm sunny day.
- Reading a good book.
- Movie nights.
- Ben & Jerry's.
- Frozen yogurt.
- Long conversations with good friends.
- Conducting along to good classical music.
- Spontaneous off-campus outings.
- Milk and Oreos.
- Cooking with friends.
- Soul-baring late-night conversations.
- The monuments at night.
- Crossing things off my to-do list.
- Journaling regularly.
- Prowling in an old and used bookstore.
- Random sing-a-longs and/or jam sessions.
- Fries and a chocolate milkshake.
- Sitting outside at dusk.
- Warm, fresh chocolate chip cookies.
- Disney music.
- Reading the comics.
- Macaroni and cheese.
- Getting mail.
- Making someone smile.
Thursday, August 06, 2009
As I spend time contemplating my priorities and assorted goals for the upcoming year, it's helpful to think of the little things that, when added into the mix of a given day, make the effort and life in general more palatable and fun. So here is my list of 25 simple pleasures, many of which I enjoy any time, and some of which are things I specifically enjoy while at school.