Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Carolyn's Thoughts

1) I hate being sick, and I hate being injured, and the last couple of days I've been both. Miserable cold, miserable back pain, ugh. But I will say this, it's a quick (if perhaps temporary) cure for insomnia. Yesterday I took two naps and went to bed at 11:00 for a change. Unusual for me- recently it's been more like 2 or 3 AM.

2) I watched You've Got Mail the other day, and decided it is one of my favorite chick flicks of all time. The idea of having such rapport with a person with whom you've developed a relationship solely or almost solely online is fascinating, and definitely something unique to the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. I'm still not sure that I'm a huge proponent of dating websites, or meeting people in internet chatrooms and online networking sites, but I do think it is possible to develop a good relationship with people you know primarily in online settings.

3) At my mom's request, I made my wish list for my birthday today, and it struck me that I'll be turning 19. Just...wow. Every year it sounds older. I know, technically every year is "older," but 19 sounds so close to ...20. And 21. Two decades of life. Something about that just seems odd. Oh well- I've still got my Dr. Seuss obsession to keep me young :)

4) Song du Jour: Always Be by Jimmy Eat World.

No comments: