Monday, June 29, 2009

Simple Living Quotes

Courtesy of Unclutterer.com:
"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler."
Albert Einstein

"Simplicity is an inward reality that can be seen in an outward lifestyle. We must have both; to neglect either end of this tension is disastrous."
Richard J. Foster

"I can explain it best by something Mahatma Gandhi said to me. We were talking about simple living, and I said that it was easy for me to give up most things but that I had a greedy mind and wanted to keep my many books. He said, 'Then don't give them up. As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, you should keep it. If you were to give it up in a mood of self-sacrifice or out of a stern sense of duty, you would continue to want it back, and that unsatisfied want would make trouble for you. Only give up a thing when you want some other condition so much that the thing no longer has any attraction to you, or when it seems to interfere with that which is more greatly desired."
Richard Gregg

No comments: