Friday, May 01, 2009

Summer 2009 Movie Shortlist

As anybody who follows or has even scanned through my blog knows, I am a major reader. In fact, I prefer to spend most of my vacations reading whenever I'm not working. However, I also love movies, and I have been consciously trying to improve my cultural literacy by watching some of the greatest movies ever made (as well as some bad but generally entertaining stuff). So, after conversations with two of my friends who are serious movie buffs (Chris and Bryan), I have come up with the following list of movies that I am going to try to get through this summer.

Carolyn's Summer 2009 Movie Shortlist
  1. The Godfather
  2. V for Vendetta
  3. Schindler's List
  4. The Untouchables
  5. Air Force One
  6. Citizen Kane
  7. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
  8. Ocean's Twelve
  9. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
  10. Good Morning Vietnam
  11. The Mission
  12. Good Night, and Good Luck
  13. Dr. Strangelove
  14. Gone With the Wind
  15. Superman (1978)
  16. Batman (1989)
  17. Goodfellas
  18. The Candidate
  19. Big Fish
  20. Across the Universe
  21. Analyze This
  22. Terminator
  23. 300
  24. Bridget Jones- The Edge of Reason
  25. Watchmen [pending release on DVD]
Let me reassure all the Watchmen fans (ahem, Bryan) who may well jump down my back for the fact that that movie is last on the list. The only reason it is not higher is that it is not yet out on DVD, and I don't know when it's going to be. If it comes out this summer, it will move up to a higher place of honor, I promise. Meantime, I will be putting the graphic novel on my reading list in preparation for seeing the movie.

No comments: