- Last night was the White House Correspondents Association Dinner. Normally they bring in a comedian of some variety to roast the president; this year, the standout (or more accurately, stand-UP) was the president himself. The Washington Post has a good review of the evening, and The Huffington Post has full video on their website already.
- The Washington Post reports that Obama has begun to narrow his list of choices for his Supreme Court justice pick, looking for "a pragmatic barrier-breaker who will be a distinguished jurist and whose nomination will cool the partisan warfare that has marked recent confirmation battles."
- Sunday morning talk show round-up video from Politico: Former top Republicans Newt Gingrich and Dick Cheney slam the Obama administration and Colin Powell; is Osama bin Laden alive or dead...and does it even matter?
- Concerns about "Talibanization" are on the rise in Swat, the region of Pakistan controlled by the militant Muslim group.
- Pope Benedict XVI is in Amman, Jordan, and performed Mass at a sports stadium this morning. All eyes have been on him during his time in the Middle East, given his recent history of successfully insulting both the Muslims and the Jews.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Sunday's Reading List
Here's a round-up of interesting articles for today: