Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Discipleship: Thought du Jour 2

Jesus: The Ultimate Personal Trainer

Have you accepted the challenge and entered the race? Have you decided to follow Jesus as His disciple?

A disciple is defined as a follower of Jesus.

Part I: The Risk of Discipleship (Matthew 10:16-22)

Following Jesus means going against the flow. You will stand out from the rest of the world.

A disciple runs the risk of being persecuted, wounded, and even killed.

Part II: The Requirement of Discipleship

Following Jesus means trusting the Trainer.

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

In these verses, Jesus invites us to share the yoke with him. Being a disciple will be hard, but the good news is, you won't go alone. He'll be right there beside you the whole way.

So who are you going to serve?

Part III: The Reward of Discipleship (Matt. 10:25)
Following Jesus means true satisfaction.
We should be satisfied to be like Jesus.

No comments: